PNCS is housed in the school wing of the historic 1929 Pittsburgh New Church building.
The school includes 5 main classrooms, a library, an auditorium/multi-purpose room, and a fully-equipped kitchen. An expansion project was completed in 2012, which included a large new classroom, a handicapped bathroom, a ramp, an elevator and other accessibility improvements.
Inside, the school has a laptop and an iPad for each student in the middle school and upper elementary grades. Students learn typing skills, research skills, critical thinking, writing, photography, and more.
Outside, we have a playground area for younger children, a paved area for basketall, volleyball, four-square, jump-rope and other games, a grassy lawn for soccer, tag and running around, and some tree-lined fringes where we've seen great play-houses being constructed this year. It's a nice oasis in the city.